Monday, September 29, 2014

Algarve, Portugal

A dull day on the coast of the Algarve. Supposedly the water has lovely aquamarine colours in the sunlight but, alas, I did not witness it. 
On the way to southern Portugal's Algarve region by local bus, I stopped into a small town, Evora, to view the Chapel of Bones, which as the name implies, is a small chapel where the interior is decorated with human skulls and bones. It's suppose to be a reflection on the transitory nature of life. A bit creepy. No doubt unique.

Could this be Uncle Jim? 
Restorer taking a break from working on the tiles.

Worst. Statue. Ever!
El Rei Dom SebastiĆ£o Statue. 
Lagos, Portugal

Okay, I'm going to insult someone I'm sure but this is the all time worse monument. I thought is was a joke until told it truly commemorates a king from the 16th century. Really? I mean what are they thinking?  Hate to see what they would do if they did not like someone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment